Hi! If you are here looking at this page, you must be wondering a bit about me. I know I like checking out authors I like—where they live, what they do, what they think about.
I think the best way to get a picture of who I am and what makes me tick, is to couple your imagination with a list of my most favorite things in the world. Then you can create your own crazy picture of who I am. Hence, the “Best Evers” list below.
But if the list is no fun, and you are dying to know something specific about me, let me know in the comments. Maybe I will tell, maybe I won’t—depends on what you ask!
Best Evers (in random order)
- Columbia Fleece jackets. Any color, Full zip.
- Rembrandt Gouda sliced thin over Broders’ Cucina Italiana flatbread (a twin cities winner — I get three or four when I stop by there).
- The instrumental in the second half of Natalie Merchant’s When They Ring The Golden Bells.
- Road trips. Anywhere—US or overseas.
- My two kids and husband (of course!), and the rest of the fam!
- My dog’s head nestled into my lap.
- Ken Burns: The National Parks: America’s Best Idea documentary series.
- Almost anything written in Men’s Journal (some of the smartest articles around).
- My volleyball team.
- The smell at the top of a mountain.
- Brookgreen Gardens in South Carolina.
- Turtles hatching on Heron Island, Australia.
- Laughing with my dearest friends.
- A very specific watering hole near Dandridge, Tennessee.
- My toes buried in white sand.
- Watching people I love fall in love.
- An organized junk drawer (it never happens, but when it does—shazam!)
- The pork entree at the Dakota Jazz Club.
- The giant jackalope at Wall Drug, South Dakota.
- The one day in summer it is warm enough for me to bare my arms at night.
- Being able to sleep in.
A snapshot, but paints some sort of a picture—whatever that may be!
I love to hear other people’s Best Evers, especially if it is somewhere fantastic that I must visit someday—add your own in the comments, if you feel like sharing!
In case you missed my boiler plate:
I specialize in paranormal and historical romance, will work for travel, and am a sucker for a good story in any genre. I live in Minnesota with my husband, two children, and a dog who has taken the sport of bed-hogging to new heights.
I love to hear from readers! Here’s how to connect:
Facebook (your choice!):
Like me at: https://www.facebook.com/kjjacksonauthor
Friend me at: https://www.facebook.com/kj.jackson.330